Click the image to hear Keila Womack's Music

Saturday, March 16, 2013

Hourglass


Hourglass 

I pushed you down deep in my soul
I thought you knew, for you were born of wonder 
You who crave the chaos of lightning and thunder
Put these devilish fears of mine to rest
Too many a day, too many a test
I'm exhausted of bleak vagueness 
A dream caught up in black mystery-a magnificent beauty 
It allures and haunts, with lullaby's taunts 
All for a glance, a touch, a warm kiss 
All details wrapped up in more want
The mass clock running my mind won't unwind, it's shook up, it has now lost time
Remind me why i am here 
God of this vast world in which I explore
Am I just a chess piece you move with ease
My heart is stitched with passion, I can not love in the shallows
My deepest desire is the aim to please 
Pressed words into a barren letter lay every unanswered prayer and question 
Stirring up release in a free hand 
Slip through my fingers and become one with the sand
For this place I stand 
Is my life of belonging 
For now, in an hourglass, being poured out in upside down gravity of  motion

~K (all rights belong to Keila Coate Womack)

No comments:

Post a Comment