Click the image to hear Keila Womack's Music

Monday, June 23, 2014

Light In Your Beacon



I don't want to be the secret you keep tucked into your leaflet
I want to shine bright in your eyes without shame
To hear you say my name without pain
If I am not the light in your beacon then cast me out while I am sleeping
Shackle my feet and send me into the waters deep
There I would rather be where the waves tuck me in and the moon sings to me
Alone I will exist without harm of human touch
True love my heart will begin to resist
I will not be the one who is accused of stealing
To cause your mind to start a path of reckless feeling
Back to a life of living on empty
I do not need your pity or your sympathy
Just in need of the warmth in your chest
But you are stuck in a life further west
Don't need a promise of today
Just a hope of a future to keep my suffering at bay

No comments:

Post a Comment