Click the image to hear Keila Womack's Music

Monday, May 24, 2010

Old Soul?

IF you're an old soul such as myself, we share a dream to drive a 1940 Ford Deluxe Convertible Coupe and seek the beginning of a beautiful friendship in Casablanca! I'm intrigued with the days of old. More than anything I find myself falling back into the most comfortable place in my soul when my ipod shuffle plays a Billie Holiday tune. There's a certain nostalgia that rushes in.  Music, anytime, anyplace can take me by the hand and lead me to a distant memory.  It's just as poignant as a memory jarred by a particular scent or scene.

Just last year I discovered an artist named Madeleine Peyroux.  I absolutely fell head over heels in love with her voice.  Her music stirs up the same emotions I feel when I listen to Billie's soulful voice. There's a longing that is projected in every note these two women sing.  Could they be soul sisters? Decide for yourself.  Tonight I filled the bath, lit a ton of candles and listened to Peyroux's music.  Be good to yourself and do the same.

Take in an ear sample here on youtube. In simple terms: click the purple link! :P
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mJsa-qqF7uY

No comments:

Post a Comment