Click the image to hear Keila Womack's Music

Friday, March 14, 2014

From Such Great Heights

From such greats heights
Free falling from the cloud where you left me
Fumbling towards fantasy
My hands still reaching
Chasing that one floating feather that won't allow my grasp to cradle
My letters have been left unanswered
They are lost at sea
My dreams hover above the horizon
Wings heavy but pushing against gravity
Where does this endless flight take me
Fighting for what I do not see
So much to lose but still I choose
Perched upon the shoulder of a stoic statue
Eyes pierce through every sunrise just to witness your return
I could waste these tears for many years to never see your face again
The aroma of the life of this love lingers
Just enough to hold me here
Enough to keep me at bay on your open shore
All the longing and agony would be worth it just to hold you once more

No comments:

Post a Comment