Click the image to hear Keila Womack's Music

Tuesday, February 17, 2015

Daydream

I stop, I sit, I daydream 

Adrift in a world that's sincere 

Dust floats with flecks of gold 

Truth untold, my tongue lay upon utterance 

If your ear were not deaf to hear

To encompass the longing in my pulse for what is real 

Would you be brave enough to wait with me there,

To endure with patience until the truth becomes clear?

Would you pour your words into glass,

Hold the life inside of me until the darkness has passed,

Pick every thorn from my flesh,

Kiss every wound that has been beaten into my chest?

I need the simple things re-born 

A childlike radiance to overcome 

This life is much too harsh

Unraveled, I've come undone 

My eyelids drop heavy in the dew of yesterday

Wipe off defeat from my olive skin

My mind is in need of a great win

So I stop, I sit, I daydream

No comments:

Post a Comment