Click the image to hear Keila Womack's Music

Tuesday, March 24, 2015

Rearview Mirror

The rain begins to fall upon the memory I keep of you
Eyes fixed on a drizzled rearview mirror as the images of us fade in the distance 

Holding on to the edge of the aged photograph that captures your irresistible smile 
The days keep passing into night 
Stretched over the sunrise of the house of pain 

Our bodies create the perfect poetry 
Every line of you in impeccable symmetry colliding into my flesh
Eyes locked and lost in each other's souls

Drift between the sheets until my hand finds yours 
Fragile heart in my chest is breaking 
Thinking of the silent miles that separate our lives 

I sit idle upon the desert grains and take refuge in the mountains 
But hope remains for the day I soak in wave after wave 


#redcoatewritings #originalPoetry

No comments:

Post a Comment