Click the image to hear Keila Womack's Music

Wednesday, September 18, 2013

Music Junky

Music junky
Music...
It makes me bleed
Makes me see
Makes the dormant parts free
Takes me high
Gives my memory an alibi 
Brings me back
Takes me forward 
Causes me to cry
Heavy deepened sigh
I dip lyrics in coffee
Stains my soul forever
Marks of melody
Spurred on by harmony
A song can haunt
Like a joyous taunt 
I breathe
I need
I read
Indeed
Every line 
To decipher 
If it's a song like me
Paints my picture
Outlines me quicker
The power of it
I'm soaked in greed
Can't get enough
Stingy for one more seed
Of a moment lost
In music
I crave
I bathe 
My thoughts
My dreams 
My daily scenes
In serenade
Well played
Can't escape 
It's too late
I am what I am
A music junky. 

~k (all rights reserved -KeilaCoateWomack #redcoatePoetry

No comments:

Post a Comment