Click the image to hear Keila Womack's Music

Sunday, December 30, 2012

Across These Lips

Across these lips
Scarlet red of love
The beating heart of a dove
May these flightless wings fly me away to the soul cut out of the same star 
-Someday I do eagerly pray. 
I see him just above the crescent moon, shining in reckless majesty. 
He is the king of my idolatry 
At great distance my body pulls in cosmic chemistry 
Like a magnetic puzzle piece that fits so perfectly 
I know he, his soul, his skin doth bleed 
We, stirred up in romantic mystery, divinely created in the rapture of sea.
How can he deny me, nor I deny thee 
It shapes in the fluidity of the key made under sun
Both chambered in each other, we are a destined fit
His poetry designs who I am, his smile unlocks me
My arms are empty without he,  I hug the sand beneath 

-Until the universe replenishes the same shooting star to travel alongside me

Keila Coate Womack (all rights reserved) -The last poem of 2012

No comments:

Post a Comment