Click the image to hear Keila Womack's Music

Thursday, December 6, 2012

Just A Girl In The World.




I can be ghetto, I can be thug



Show me the dance floor and I'll cut a rug

I can hold my class like a smooth wine glass

But sometimes I'm raunchy, I may be crass 

Just a girl in the world  

Lines get blurred 

Seriousness turns to silliness 

Yearns for youthful bliss

In the innocent things 

I surely miss

Blaring music in crazed dance

Somber stillness to trance

From highs to lows

This day blows

Surely it's groundhog repeat

I need the beach to soak my feet

Break the monotonous glaze

Give me a thrill, on a shoulder raise

I live in my dreams

Too much pressure in reality

Do you really see me 

Or does your mind play who you want me to be?

I am of spiritual grain

Although struggle with the rules of strain

I try to be the purest, but hold down the sensuality to be my truest

I love far too deep

Too painful to be kept, to keep

To the outside I am smiles, I am funny

But on the inside I can be kind of dark and muddy

No one really knows me except for me

And the God above who more simply created me

By Keila Coate Womack (all rights reserved. written November 27,2012)

No comments:

Post a Comment